I am Deanna Reynolds, and I live in the city named Body of Christ: Corpus Christi, Texas (hence the Texas bluebonnets). The Lord actually called me out from practicing medicine in part to do exactly this. Of course, His plans were revealed incrementally; the process of leaving the highly esteemed profession that had taken so many years to study and train for and establish myself in unfolded over eight years. Meanwhile, God was deeply rooting and grounding me in His word and His love, bringing me experiential knowledge of Himself and His ways, and developing me in fellowship with Christians of the full spectrum of congregations and denominations through Bible study, worship, and many blessed communities of serious prayer.
Within weeks of taking the final great step of faith and officially retiring from practicing anatomic and clinical pathology and hematopathology, the Lord opened the Scriptures up to me even more in near-floods of revelation. He then surprised me by having me start writing them down with two thumbs and one finger on the yellow “notepad” of a little early version iPod, without benefit of a word processor.*
These writings are solidly based on Scripture and on my knowledge of Christ via the trials and peculiar circumstances He has taken me through to render me a suitable instrument in His hands. He has also taught me much through many saints who have paved the way before us, most especially Watchman Nee (China, ~1930’s), T.Austin-Sparks (Britain, 20th century), Andrew Murray (South Africa, 19th century), and, recently, the very wise and discerning Robert Govett (England, 19th century). Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant (2 Cor. 3:5-6).
There are nine categories of writings:
- The most recent series, Resurrection, Rapture, Judgment, and Millennium, is the culmination of years of my education at the Lord’s feet! Just as the Scriptures teach that salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, not by works, and IS eternal, they also teach that all men will be held accountable for our deeds, and will be rewarded OR punished accordingly. This key series studies how God reconciles these two seemingly (but not actually) conflicting truths regarding believers (the old “faith without works” vs. “faith with deeds” controversy) during the Tribulation and the Millennium, before the last day when the old order of things will pass away and the New Jerusalem appears, with every believer a mature part of it. (This series is built upon and supersedes a previous important series called Saving Faith is Present Tense and Active. I did not understand at that time how “faith with deeds” is reconciled with “faith without works,” and had come to believe that saints could permanently apostasize; the Lord thus had me remove easy access to that series so as not to mislead! He has not had me delete them, however, and, for those whom He so leads (for whatever reason), they can still be accessed – the Holy Spirit will show them how!)
- Our Exalted Position addresses “the mystery” revealed in the NT of our blessed corporate identity as the Christ. God wants us to know His astounding purposes for us in the end-times, that we may endure patiently, overcome, and receive our inheritance as co-heirs with Christ. The time is short: our Bridegroom is about to seize His Bride; are you a wise virgin with sufficient oil?
- The Joint Enterprise of Grace and Faith: Making the Word Become Manifest explores how to put God’s word into practice. To illustrate, the Lord led me to share in the second half some personal testimonies of His miraculous healing of my family members by speaking forth His word on serious acute health issues and walking by faith with them instead of taking the medical route (despite being a physician myself).
- The Bible study, Looking into God’s Word on the Cause and Eradication of Disease, was the first revelatory writing typed on the little iPod; it is roughly 35 pages long. I recommend saving the study until after the Lord has spoken to your spirit via some of the other writings – they are preparative, in a sense. As with all Bible studies, it requires an investiture of time and a willingness to relinquish worldly mindsets and have the mind renewed.
- The shorter pieces, The Latest Word of Encouragement, are the majority of the blogs. They build upon each other, and so are presented here (starting with an important one from April 2015) in the order in which they were written.
- The other Longer pieces the Lord has given me to write are accessed under the Menu icon in the upper right corner. I recommend that you at least set time aside to read “Key Characteristics and Experiences of Effectual Leaders” (originally a series of 9 posts) – the Holy Spirit released many pearls therein.
- My Excerpts/Transcripts are of various YouTube videos of Dan Mohler ministering God’s word. Emphasizing our identity in Christ and intimacy with our heavenly Father, Dan has an exceptionally pure heart overflowing with the Holy Spirit and His transformative LOVE. Dan’s knowledge of the word is rich and experiential, his child-like humility is refreshing, and his joy of the Lord and the gospel is second to none. Be certain to click on some of the video links and see for yourself!
- Periodically, the Lord has me reblog Good Words from Other Sites or share Prophetic Words.
May the Lord bless you as you quiet your soul, read, meditate, and press into Him with everything that you have for His glory!
I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things… Not that I have already attained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. – Philippians 3:8, 12
So very much love in Christ, your sister deanna
*More of my testimony can be found in Part IV – The Volleyball Player and the Triple-Boarded Physician and also at the end of On Meeting With God – Dan Mohler