What does God’s word reveal about Israel since Jesus Christ’s first advent (including these 70 years since the physical/political nation of Israel has existed)? Did you even know that He addresses it? You might be surprised!
It is likely that everyone reading this is well aware that we live in times of great deception. But, dear reader, are you aware that that which we have been led to believe is the nation of Israel today actually is NOT according to God? Our Lord reveals this to all who seek truth by studying His words written nearly 2,000 years ago on this very matter for themselves with the Holy Spirit as their Teacher. Such disciples certainly don’t accept what the world tells them, but neither do they accept what their Bible teachers or study Bibles teach them without consulting the word themselves as the Bereans did (Acts 17:11).
For those among you who truly value and desire to know such truth, I provide herein a listing of multiple Scriptures revealing the characteristics and identity of the true nation of Israel since Jesus Christ walked the earth 2,000 years ago. You are going to have to study major passages within eleven chapters of the Bible (and additional brief passages) under the tutelage of the Holy Spirit in order to receive the full blessing. No kidding! A man reaps what he sows… You’ll be VERY glad you did!
So once you’ve made time to do this, get your Bible (NOT a study Bible!), set yourself off from distractions, and dig in! I have provided links to the KJV for your convenience. May our Heavenly Father grant you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, for His glory! Amen.
+++++++ +++++++ +++++++
1. Begin your study with Romans Ch. 4. Clearly, Abraham is the father of those who believe, and Isaac is his son of the promise, not Ishmael (Abraham’s older son, but not of that “Seed” as explained in Gal. 3:16).
2. Study the rich truths in Romans Ch. 9, Ch. 10, and Ch. 11, making certain especially to apprehend Paul’s teachings about Israel in Chs. 9 and 11. Understand that, in its context, the oft-quoted phrase “all Israel will be saved” (11:26) clearly does not mean all physical descendants of Abraham via Isaac and Jacob will be saved, as many falsely think it means. As Romans 4 taught, the promise comes by faith, so that it may be by grace, not acts of men, reproductive or otherwise! The next two passages reveal key characteristics of the Seed..
3. Study carefully Galatians Ch. 3 vv 6-39, and the key passage in Ch. 4 vv 21-31. Paul’s teaching herein reveals that the children of Hagar include Israelites prior to being born from above (they are like Ishmael until they receive their Messiah), and that children of Sarah are Israelites (and Gentiles) who are born-again via God’s promise (the “Seed” – Christ), as Isaac was.
Now link Gal. 4:29 with 1 Thess. 2:14-15, Titus 1:10, Rev. 2:8-9, and Rev. 3:7-9. This persecution of the younger son born by the power of the Spirit by the older son born in the ordinary way was prophesied by the angel of the Lord when he spoke to Hagar in Genesis 16:12! We see similar envy in the older brother of Jesus’ Parable of the Lost Son in Luke 15:25-31, the Parable of the Tenants in Matt. 21:33-45, etc. Jesus concluded that last parable telling the Jews, (vv. 43-44). And so the kingdom of God was taken from them… We’ll study more Scriptures addressing that “nation” Jesus refers to later on (#7 below).
4. Now study the glorious Ephesians Ch 2, focusing your study on vv. 11-18. Understand that believing physical descendants of Israel (e.g. Peter, Andrew, James, John, etc.) and Gentiles (e.g. Cornelius, Luke, etc.), are made into one new man in Christ Jesus. Understand also the concept of the “commonwealth of Israel” (v. 12): this is the olive tree of Romans 11:17-24 that we Gentiles are grafted into (or, conversely, the vine of John 15:2,6 that unbelieving Jews are removed from, as contrasted with their fellow Jews who believed and became disciples of Christ). Read Ezekiel 37:15-23 and note the correlation; perhaps Paul had this passage in mind when he wrote Rom. 11 and/or Eph. Ch. 2?
5. Study First John 2:18-23. Understand that those “who went out from us” are the Jews who rejected their Messiah: the branches that fell off the olive tree in Rom. 11, and that were cut off from the vine in John 15; those Jews in John 8 who did not believe God like Abraham did, and so did not receive their Messiah as He spoke to them in human flesh; those Jews who were not born again, from above, per John 3.
6. Now, for a fuller apprehension of these truths just referred to, read John Ch. 3 (Jesus teaching the Pharisee Nicodemus that he must be born again, and John the Baptist’s similar teaching), 8:12-59 (Jesus’ words to Jews regarding Abraham vs. their actual father, the devil (until they are born again!), and why they can’t hear God), and 15:1-17 (the Vine and the branches). Also behold Peter’s words to the men of Israel at the temple in Acts 3:22-26, noting especially v. 23. The omnipotent word of God demolishes strongholds, indeed!
7. Then behold these concise truths, the first two via Paul, the self-proclaimed “Hebrew of Hebrews”:
⁃For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh. But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from men, but from God. (Romans 2:28-29 NASB)
⁃But I say, surely Israel did not know, did they? First Moses says, “I WILL MAKE YOU JEALOUS BY THAT WHICH IS NOT A NATION, BY A NATION WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING WILL I ANGER YOU.” (Romans 10:19 NASB)
⁃But you are A CHOSEN RACE, A royal PRIESTHOOD, A HOLY NATION, A PEOPLE FOR God’s OWN POSSESSION, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light (1 Peter 2:9 NASB, emphasis added).
End of Bible study.
+++++++ +++++++ +++++++
Having studied these Scriptures yourself under the tutelage of the Holy Spirit, you should understand now whom God reveals is the true nation of Israel today: born-again believers of the Seed via the spirit, not physical descendants of flesh! (Doesn’t that ring true in your regenerated spirit, Christian?) Hallelujah!
As the Lord recently revealed His truth to me, I was astounded that I hadn’t seen before that Jews from Jesus’ first advent onwards who are not born again – that is, believers of the Talmud or Kabbalah, enemies of Christ – cannot be true sons of Abraham, recipients of the land promised to his Seed, the Messiah! They cannot be the dry bones come to life by the Holy Spirit in Ezekiel 37! I was also astounded that I had allowed myself to be deceived not only by the world and by the devil’s “tares among the wheat,” but also by many well-meaning Christians who likewise hadn’t sufficiently studied God’s word on the matter for themselves and had then falsely taught others. Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (2 Tim. 2:15 KJV).
The Lord has also shown me recently that some O.T. Scriptures reveal that He will bring the believing remnant of Israel back to the land promised them DURING Christ’s second advent (not before). The devil obviously doesn’t want us knowledgeable of them! Dig into the prophets, dear reader! (God-willing, another Bible study might follow this one…)
Now for some facts to supplement your rewarding Bible study:
1. “Hebrew” means one who has crossed over or passed through. Scripture records Abraham as being the first Hebrew: he literally crossed the Euphrates River in the natural realm as he received, believed, and obeyed God’s call on his life.
Four hundred and seventy years later, Caleb, Joshua, and the second generation of the nation of Israel miraculously passed through the Jordan River at flood stage in the natural realm to enter into Canaan – the land of giants and idolators whom they were to overcome – because they, like Abraham, believed and obeyed God. (Of course, this was after their believing parents and grandparents were cursed to wander and die in the desert for 40 years because of their sin/unbelief – despite themselves having miraculously crossed through the Red Sea! Even Moses’ sin prevented him from entering in!)
Along these lines, realize also that the misunderstood Epistle to the Hebrews is to believers (of Jewish descent, yet also to Gentiles, of course) who thus already have eternal life in Christ, but now require and must heed frequent encouragement to persevere in the faith and DO God’s will so as to receive the inheritance of the first resurrection: ruling with Christ throughout His Millennial kingdom (See Resurrection, Rapture, Judgment, and Millennium for a Bible study series regarding that vital issue.)
2. The last genealogy God gave us in the Scriptures is that of our Savior, Christ Jesus. Note also that Timothy was to instruct certain men not to teach strange doctrines, nor to pay attention to myths and endless genealogies (1 Tim. 1:3-4 NASB, emphasis added). That’s because the Jews brought Talmudic antichrist doctrines when they returned to the holy land from exile in Babylon, and also because bloodlines – so vital to the Hebrews in the O.T. – no longer matter to God. Those bloodlines accomplished their purpose when His Son was conceived of the Holy Spirit and a Hebrew virgin engaged to Joseph, descendants of Abraham via King David!
3. Again, per God’s words in this study, the true Israel is spiritual, born from above of Abraham’s Seed.
The promise given to Abraham, Isaac, and then Jacob (including the physical land per Genesis 15:7; 26:4; 28:13 etc.) belongs to those who receive God’s gracious gift of forgiveness and righteousness through Jesus Christ, and who, like Abraham, Issac, and Jacob, then live by faith and bear fruit as they abide in Christ the Vine!
To understand the seed and the promise more fully, I encourage you to spend a few more minutes reading the pertinent Scriptures in Genesis regarding (1) the first prophecy in the Bible, Genesis 3:14-19, which includes the first mention of the Seed, and (2) God’s repeated promise to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and their faith-empowered responses to that repeated promise, provided with links below.* (Read them in the KJV, which consistently uses the word “seed,” and not other words such as “descendants” used by the modern translations which detract from the points that Jesus Christ is the Seed of the woman AND Abraham’s Seed, and that the land is promised to Him and those who are born from above via faith in Him.)
I will end this with three screenshots from a very informative, Scripturally-based video from the YouTube channel “Who Is Israel?” by Pastor Mark Furse. The video is entitled “God’s Vine & His Vineyard” – a sermon by Matt Furse – February 28, 2016. See also on that channel the excellent video series “Debunking Dispensationalism” by Pastor Tommy McMurtry. The latter series, especially, has been very helpful in my understanding of some of the Scriptures studied herein. The hearts of both these men are set on winning Jews (and Gentiles!) to Christ, not bashing them. I share these pictures simply to help break down the strongholds most of us have been unknowingly indoctrinated into, which have just been proven diametrically opposed to God’s word.
So very much love in Christ, Abraham’s Seed and Heir of his promised land, your sister deanna