(How’s THAT for a title?!)
Resuming where we left off in Part 1… Since the great and wondrous sign [of Rev. 12:1-2] appeared in heaven September 23rd-24th, the Lord has been revealing different pieces of the puzzle to His many watchmen as we’ve searched the Scriptures, prayed, and fellowshipped together here in the “upper room” of the internet. Last-days’ John-the-Baptists of sorts, we’ve been called and equipped to prepare the way for the Lord by sounding our trumpets, proclaiming:
“Get ready! The Lord, our heavenly Bridegroom, is coming now for His Bride! The man-child of Revelation 12:5 is about to be delivered from the woman and seized up to God and to His throne! GET READY! Christ will shut the door on the foolish virgins who lack oil, sadly saying ‘I don’t know you,’ when they come knocking on heaven’s door! The Tribulation and the antichrist ARE about to come, for the restrainer of 2 Thessalonians 2:7 is about to be removed at the rapture!”
In such blessed fellowship with my brothers and sisters in Christ, I have come to understand this year (on God’s calendar – the Hebrew calendar) truly should be the Year of Jubilee, the only time when the trumpet is sounded on the Day of Atonement. Recall from Leviticus 23, where God’s seven appointed times with His people are described, a trumpet is NOT sounded on the Day of Atonement (vv. 26-32); it is a solemn day of self-denial which (ordinarily – more coming) follows Yom Teruah, the Feast of Trumpets. When you study the Hebrew, you learn that the latter is actually a day commemorated by shouting, for “teruah” means, “alarm, signal, sound of tempest, shout, shout or blast of war or alarm or joy” (Strong’s concordance H8643).
The Year of Jubilee is described in great detail in Leviticus 25:8-55, but I believe we need only focus on verses 8-10 (emphasis added): Count off seven sabbath years—seven times seven years—so that the seven sabbath years amount to a period of forty-nine years. Then have the trumpet sounded everywhere on the tenth day of the seventh month; on the Day of Atonement sound the trumpet throughout your land. Consecrate the fiftieth year and proclaim liberty throughout the land to all its inhabitants. It shall be a jubilee for you; each of you is to return to your family property and to your own clan. This lengthy passage goes on to describe that slaves are to be set free on the Day of Atonement during the Jubilee Year.
Regarding freedom for the slaves – or captives – consider carefully the beginning passages of Isaiah 61 which Jesus proclaimed only the first 1.5 verses of during His first advent (see Luke 4:18-21). Notably, our Lord stopped reading the scroll midverse because the rest of verse 2 onwards pertains to multiple phases of His second advent (the rapture, His vengeance, and the millennial Kingdom, and not all in that order). As you read this key prophetic Scripture, correlate (1) freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners in v1 with what God will accomplish on the Day of Atonement in the Jubilee Year, (2) all who mourn and… who grieve in Zion in vv2-3 with the Day of Atonement and the mourners’ and grievers’ transformation in v3, and then link that they are a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor with our being branches of Christ our Vine in John 15:1-8. We haven’t time to study this entire beautiful chapter now, so I’ll limit our study here to the first three verses:
The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,
because the Lord has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,
2 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the Lord
for the display of his splendor.
Doesn’t that appear to be a wonderful prophecy about the solemn day of mourning, the Day of Atonement, being very different for some – the Church overcomers, the wise virgins – in the Year of Jubilee?!
Continuing onward with our study of the Day of Atonement in the Year of Jubilee from Leviticus 25, did you notice that for this fiftieth year God specifies “the trumpet” is to be sounded on the tenth day on the seventh month? Given that God’s day begins in the evening (Hebrew calendar), if the Jubilee is indeed this year, that would be this Saturday September 30th through Sunday October 1st. Note that God does not specify whether the first day of the month in a Jubilee Year is still to be commemorated as Yom Teruah or whether Yom Teruah is to coincide with the trumpet sounded on the tenth day, the Day of Atonement. It is possible the two appointed times coincide on the Jubilee Year they are to be fulfilled. On the other hand, it is also possible that Yom Teruah did occur on the first of the Hebrew month this year (Sept. 21-22), and was prophetically fulfilled for Christ’s Second advent as we watchmen shouted “Jesus is coming for His Bride!” as we did on that day! Hmmmm… 😉 I also draw your attention to the fact that the Day of Atonement falls on a regular Sabbath this year… just more Scriptural food for sustenance and thought!
Continuing on, the Hebrew word for “the trumpet” in Lev. 25:9 is “shofar” which is a curved ram’s horn. Importantly, that is the same horn that the people heard when God came down upon Mount Sinai and Moses went up to get the law: When the people saw the thunder and lightning and heard the trumpet and saw the mountain in smoke, they trembled with fear. They stayed at a distance… (Exodus 20:18 emphasis added; see also 19:16,19). It is the same horn Joshua commanded be blown to demolish the walls of Jericho, and also the same horn which was sounded when Zadok the priest… anointed Solomon king (1 Kings 1:39)…
Now, when we look to the words the Holy Spirit gave Paul to write about the “last trumpet” in 1 Corinthians 15:52 and the “trumpet call of God” in 1 Thess. 4:16, we learn the Greek language has just one word for trumpet, so we don’t have the linguistic aid there that we have with the Hebrew. However, we are assured We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. (1 Cor. 15:51b-52). For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. (1 Thess. 4:16-17).
Many of us have been quickened by the Holy Spirit to recognize the trumpet call of God of this NT rapture passage must be the same very loud trumpet blast recorded by Moses as God descended upon Mount Sinai in a thick cloud in Exodus 19:16, also heard as shown above in v. 19 & 20:18.
Yet another Scripture links the Day of Atonement with Christ’s coming with the clouds: Behold, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it will be. Amen. (Rev. 1:7).
And, finally, Daniel had prophesied this about Christ: I kept looking in the night vision, and behold, with the clouds of heaven One like a Son of Man was coming, and He came up to the Ancient of Days and was presented before Him. (Daniel 7:13).
<>< <>< <><
As to why so many watchmen believe this year is the Year of Jubilee, numerous articles and videos have been made on the topic, available for your review. I will simply offer these few pertinent facts:
- The great and wondrous sign prophesied nearly 2,000 years ago in Chapter 12:1-2 of The Revelation of Jesus Christ just appeared in heaven on September 23 and 24! That is 7 days before the Day of Atonement. God had Noah and his family and the animals sealed off from the wicked world for seven days before He brought forth the flood.
- The Day of Atonement this year comes exactly 40 days after God brought the eclipse over the entire continental US on August 21st. God uses solar eclipses as signs. Historians record that a solar eclipse (the Bur-Sagale eclipse) occurred on June 15, 763 B.C. over Nineveh. That correlates well historically with when God’s prophet Jonah prophesied “Forty more days and Nineveh will be overturned.” The Ninevites believed God (Jonah 3:4-5) and repented, so in His compassion God spared them (vv. 5-10). Has America repented since the August 21st eclipse? No.
- Jesus prophesied regarding the end of the age, There will be signs in the sun, moon, and stars. [The four blood moons coinciding with Passover and the Feast of Tabernacles (and a solar eclipse) from 2014-2015. Check. The Great American eclipse. Check. The Revelation 12:1-2 sign. Check.] On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. [After the Great American eclipse, Hurricane Harvey swerved away from Corpus Christi and hit Rockport and wrought unprecedented flooding in Houston, then Hurricane Irma hit Puerto Rico and Florida, and THEN Hurricane Maria hit Puerto Rico… Check.] (Luke 21:25)
- Jesus continued, Men will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. (Luke 21:26). Here I will go out on a limb and suggest that the heavenly bodies responsible for our increasing meterological and geological disturbances these past years (referred to by many names, including the Planet X system), might be made widely apparent now, and that they might fulfill the prophecy of Revelation 12:3-4 Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on his heads. His tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that he might devour her child the moment it was born. Just a suggestion in addition to what many, including Scott Clarke, have posted recently about how the planetary alignments within the constellations appear to fulfill Revelation 12:3-4 now.
- Israel actually celebrated this year, 2017, as their Jubilee Year this past May. This was the first time since before Christ that Jews have collectively, as a nation, celebrated the Jubilee Year. If unfamiliar with this, you can read about it here.
- Lastly, we are told this would be the 120th Jubilee. That’s an important number, the number of years God limited man’s days to in Genesis 6:1-8 when He grieved that He had made man and decided to bring the flood. As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man… (Matt. 24:37) (see Part 7: Sequence of Some End-Time Events, Imminency, and Jesus’ Olivet Discourse of the series Our Exalted Position for how our Lord was referring to the rapture therein).
<>< <>< <><
May we all heed our Lord’s words at the end of His end-times discourse as recorded in the Book of Luke: Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with dissipation, drunkenness and the anxieties of life, and that day will close on you unexpectedly like a trap. For it will come upon all those who live on the face of the whole earth. Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man. (Luke 21:34-36). Amen.
The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life. (Revelation 22:17)
So very much love in Jesus Christ, our Salvation and Deliverance, Your sister deanna