The great and wondrous sign prophesied in The Revelation of Jesus Christ roughly 1,925 years ago appeared in heaven September 23 – 24: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head. She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth (Rev. 12:1-2 NIV). Leaving the graphic outlines of the constellations in, here is what appeared on the 23rd:
Here is what it looked like rising from the East over Jerusalem on the 24th:
Without delving into the astounding Biblical meaning/significance of Regulus, Venus, Mars, Mercury, Spica, and Jupiter so aligned in the Alpha and Omega constellations of Virgo and Leo (please watch this detailed video series by a true Berean for that), I was assured by a witness that the linear array of so many planets stretched over the night sky in the wee hours of September 24th was astounding.
Now, some important points to apprehend:
- Prophecy was fulfilled! Through the work of multiple brothers who have spent countless hours with astronomy programs like Stellarium, we are assured that this precise alignment (including Jupiter being in the womb area of the virgin for the length of a full-term human gestation – many scoffers overlook this detail) has never occurred before, and will not occur within the coming 1,000 years. However, one very similar arrangement fitting the prophecy appeared ~ 6,000 years ago when mankind was created. Furthermore, all the scoffers and mockers are fulfilling prophecy also (see Jude 1:18-19 and 2 Peter 3:3-4).
- The rapture of the Bride of Christ did not occur with the sign. Obviously many thousands of watchmen awaiting this epochal event, like myself, who believed Jesus Christ would fulfill multiple Scriptures* before or about the time the sign appeared over Jerusalem Sept. 23rd were proved wrong in our understanding.
*Please see Revelation 12:5, 1 Thess. 4:16-17 (both which have the Greek word harpazo – translated rapturo in the Latin Vulgate and caught up or snatched away in most English versions), 1 Corinthians 15:51-57, and John 14:2-3. For more Scriptures supporting the pre-tribulation rapture, please prayerfully consider delving into the series the Lord led me to write last year, Our Exalted Position.
Pressing into the Lord and fellowshipping with each other via the “upper-room” of the internet, many of us were made aware or reminded of Gary’s article from August 2 describing the September 24th alignment which fit the Scripture even more literally since the moon was well under the virgin’s feet when viewed from the vertical standpoint (second screenshot above). Scott Clarke, our brother who discovered the astronomical alignment fulfilling the Revelation 12:1-2 prophecy, then released a new video confirming how the September 24th alignment also fulfilled the Scripture.
So, the great company of watchmen heeding Jesus’ many commands to watch and wait prayerfully and expectantly did so.
And, as you know, Revelation 12:5 was not fulfilled when the Rev. 12:1-2 sign appeared from September 23-24: the male child who will rule all the nations with an iron scepter was not snatched up to God and to his throne – we weren’t raptured by the close of the 24th.
We misunderstood the timing. For some of us, TWICE. Our Lord is gracious to humble us, and to keep doing so! 😉 And yet, He encourages us with words such as these:
It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings. Prov. 25:2
Surely the Sovereign Lord does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophets. Amos 3:7
Thus, the great and wondrous sign… in heaven – like most signs – precedes the event which it signifies, and does not accompany or follow the catching up of the Bride of Christ, as some of us had believed/understood it would.
Which leads us to this key question: were we wrong in our understanding of the relation of the great and wondrous sign in heaven (now fulfilled prophecy) to the rapture of the Church overcomers?
NO. Emphatically no.
To untold thousands, the Holy Spirit has repeatedly confirmed our understanding of the Scriptures describing God’s revelation to His precious people of a pre-tribulation rapture. We are an international fellowship of born-again Christians – disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ who habitually choose to die to self and live by faith in Him for His glory – who routinely search both the OT and NT Scriptures for sustenance and deeper understanding of His saving and delivering Word; we are led and empowered to communicate it with each other, in order that we may receive progressive corporate revelation in these critical very last days as to His coming for us.
Which brings us to our next questions:
- So what about our conviction that the Feast of Trumpets – which we’ve shown concerns the rapture – is the next event on God’s Kingdom calendar, the first of the three Fall appointments?
- Did it indeed occur already on the first of the (Hebrew) month?
- And what about the Day of Atonement coming up on the tenth of the (Hebrew) month? (Saturday September 30th on our Gregorian calendar)
Simply put, the Holy Spirit is leading many of us to delve into the Scriptures concerning the Year of Jubilee, first described in Leviticus 25. Until the next article (coming soon, God-willing), I suggest you consider the convergence of horrific and unprecedented meterologic, geologic, and political events this year, and press into the Lord about whether this is the Year of Jubilee, and how the Feast of Trumpets and Day of Atonement might possibly converge this year. What Scriptures does the Lord open up to you in this regard?
So very much love in Christ our Salvation and Deliverer, Your sister deanna
There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. Men will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken… Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with dissipation, drunkenness and the anxieties of life, and that day will close on you unexpectedly like a trap. For it will come upon all those who live on the face of the earth. Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man.* Luke 21:25-26,34-36 emphasis added
*Do you see that our Lord would not have commanded this if it were not possible to escape the coming Tribulation?